Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trip to McCall with all the Smiths! We had so much fun, especially the cousins being together, mostly!

Isn't this so beautiful? This is actually a picture of the ride home from our trip to McCall, but I forgot things enter backwards. Anyway, we had a really nice trip and enjoyed our week in Idaho. I wish I had more pictures but my camera was full. We also went to a really nice dinner for New Year's Eve with adults and then went to bed at 11pm. We loved 2007, mostly because we had our little baby boy who is such a gift. But we have lots of wonderful friends and family and are so blessed to live in this country, and yes, even to live in Las Vegas. We have wonderful opportunities to serve and to strengthen our little family that we might not get elsewhere. But, we sorely miss being around cousins and brothers and sisters, and especially grandparents. Maybe someday... But for now, we get to have awesome visits.
This is a picture not too far from the condo/cabins we stayed in. It is so beautiful I had to take a picture. I usually like people in my pictures. If there are any Smiths that blog and see this, can you send me some pictures of the week? I may blog now, but that doesn't mean I have entered the 21st centurty quite yet, we haven't figured out how to get the movie/pic images off our cam corder to the computer, that's next!
This is Grandma Sandi, the head of the Smith clan! I just loved this close up. Isn't it pretty?
This is the whole Smith clan! We are many! We were only missing one sibling and that is Jesse's sister Cali. We were sad because we missed her homecoming by a week. We hopefully get to see her soon! There are 10 children altogether and...um...14 grand children, I believe! We had a great time at the cabins in McCall. We loved being in the snow, even though we aren't so used to the snow or the cold.
These are the Smith grandkids with Grandpa Garth and Grandma Sandi. P.S. The baby at the top in the middle is a doll! The cute bald baby on the left, is our Adam. Put the next two pictures together and you have quite the clan. We look like the Donner party paving our way through a canyon. Don't worry, no one got hungry on this trip. Quite the opposite, esp. me. I wasted no time eating my way to my winter couple of pounds, I justified that it helped to keep me warm.
It was really freezing! The snow was so powdery and cold. People would sled down and it looked more like a splash than a snowdrift. We couldn't tell if anyone was still on the sled or not! Needless to say the kids went down the least. Jesse even snowboarded a bit! Thanks to his sis. Hilary, who must be very patient! He wouldn't let me take any pictures of it. Next time.



5 comments:

chris jenkins said...

looks like you had a fun family trip :)

Brynn said...

What a fun trip. What great memories made. It looks like you have a great family. I bet your parents are so proud.
Good job on the post. I love it!!!

Ashlee said...

I love these pics! What an awesome trip with all those people- are you all still speaking?! Just kidding- everyone is so great I'm sure it was a blast! Although I live close to my parents and siblings, I also think it would be nice to be closer to all you extended family. We could have some super fun times!!! We missed you over the parade of homes- did you get my message?

Amanda Birdwell Murphy said...

Jesse, this is Gene Murphy from Manhattan. I was telling my kids at home evening last week about the one kid in school who had enough guts to tell a girl that he didn't want to go out in grade school. You and Wayne were good influences on me. Send me a line if you are interested in chatting dadady@yahoo.com.

Amanda Birdwell Murphy said...

Jesse, this is Gene Murphy from Manhattan. I was telling my kids at home evening last week about the one kid in school who had enough guts to tell a girl that he didn't want to go out in grade school. You and Wayne were good influences on me. Send me a line if you are interested in chatting dadady@yahoo.com.